need to do an inter or intra district transfer?
Interdistrict Transfer– (To request a transfer outside of the district boundary) Applications for the 2020-2021 school year along with the supporting documents can be e-mailed to email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in submitting an intra-district transfer application for the 2021-2022 school year. The deadline to submit school transfer requests was on February 28, 2021.
We have continued to do our best to serve our families and their needs, but in order to prepare for the beginning of the school year, we are unable to receive more requests at this time.
Students should plan to attend their school of residence.
If you have an extenuating circumstance, please contact Julissa Vásquez via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Intervention Specialist
Student Intervention Specialists (SIS) support the social emotional, mental health and overall wellbeing of students in the Oxnard Union High School District. Through a Multi Tiered System of Support (MTSS), we collaborate with teachers, counselors, psychologists, nurses and other support staff to provide students targeted academic, social emotional and behavioral interventions. Below, you will find school site specific and general resources for students, parents/guardians and community members.
Connect with your Student Intervention Specialist at your school
The Student Support Services Department works with parents and students to provide programs in the district which result in the completion of a high school diploma, High School Equivalency Certificate or CHSPE. We provide support, oversight, and services in the following areas:
- Section 504
- Alternative programs Support and Placement
- Foster Youth and McKinney-Vento (homeless) services and supports
- Expulsions and Discipline
- Oversight and processing of expulsions
- Intra-District and Inter-District transfer requests
- Districtwide MTSS programs and oversight
- Support and oversight of districtwide teams: District Medical Team, ASB and Oxnard District Council, School Resource Officers, District Safety Team, PBIS cohort, Counselors, Mentor Counselors, and MTSS meetings
- CIF compliance
- Home and Hospital Teaching and Independent Study Short Term (short term independent studies)
- Legislative oversight and update in relation to district board policy and education codes
- Community-Based Organization oversight and support
- TUPE grant oversight and support
- Title IX
Student & Parent Information
School Health Resources
During this unprecedented global pandemic, we are here to answer your questions and assist with your child’s health needs. If you need assistance with COVID testing or resources, immunization information, or have questions about medications or health procedures your child may need during the school day, please reach out to the School Nurse at your child’s school site.
Each school site in the OUHSD has a health office staffed with a full time School Nurse (RN) and a part time health clerk. The health office is open throughout the school day.