The Purchasing and Warehouse Departments of the Oxnard Union High School District report to the Director of Purchasing, which falls under the Administrative Services Department. The purchasing and warehousing at OUHSD are service functions. We operate under the guidelines of the State of California Legal Codes and at the direction of our Governing Board. The students, teachers and other school personnel are the customers of our purchasing services.
The most important goals of the purchasing department are:
- To support the district’s operations with an uninterrupted flow of material, equipment and services purchased in accordance with legal codes, Board Policies and sound business practices.
- To buy wisely and competitively and to keep informed of current trends that affect price and availability.
- To furnish the maximum cooperation and service possible to all departments of the district
The Purchasing Department will provide dedicated support, listen to the needs of our customers and strive to improve timeliness in obtaining all goods and services through innovative practices and cost effective means, while exceeding customer expectations.
The OUHSD Purchasing Department will connect with Faculty, Staff and the Business Community and become the leaders among district purchasing offices and be acknowledged as a model of efficiency, expertise and support.
To Become a vendor…
To become a vendor for Oxnard Union High School District, please fill out the attached New Vendor Application Form and submit it to the Purchasing Department. Your information will be put on file and you will be contacted should we need a quote on your products or services. This form can be submitted electronically by clicking on the “Online New Vendor Application Form.”
OUHSD Public Works Project Awards Occur by:
- Direct award through Request for Quote process – Project Value Under $59,999
- CUPCCA Bid – Project Value $60,000 – $200,000 (REQUIRES CUPCCA APPLICATION & DISTRICT APPROVAL)
- Formal Bid – Project Value $201,000+ (REQUIRES PRE-QUALIFICATION REGISTRATION for PROJECTS $1,000,000+ AND SPECIFIC FUNDING PER AB 1565)
CONTRACTOR CUPCCA REGISTRATION:
Contractor registration for California Public Construction Cost Accounting (CUPCCA) Public Works Projects ($60k – $200k):
Pre-qualification is required for projects valued at $1,000,000 or more, using State Facility Bonds (per California Assembly Bill AB1565). OUHSD passed Resolution #19-10 to utilize the Quality Bidders portal to process contractor pre-qualification applications. Prime contractors and MEP subcontractors must submit pre-qualification documentation on applicable projects to be considered. Contractors must sign up on the Quality Bidders website then choose Oxnard Union High School District as the district they would like to submit an application to.
- Public Contract Code 20111.5 enable districts to require prime contractors to be pre-qualified prior to accepting bids.
- Public Contract Code 20111.6 required the district to do so for certain projects. This applies to contractors and MEP sub-contractors with the following licenses:
- General Contractors A and B
- Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing Sub-contractors Contractors (C-4, C-7, C-10, C-16, C-20, C-34, C-36, C-38, C-42, C-43, and C-46)
- The District must receive complete applications at least ten (10) business days prior to the scheduled bid opening on any advertised project in order for the candidate to qualify for a project in excess of $1,000,000 and partially funded by the State. Pre-qualification approval will remain valid for one (1) calendar year from the date of notice of qualification except as noted in the pre-qualification documents.