The Purchasing and Warehouse Departments of the Oxnard Union High School District report to the Director of Purchasing, which falls under the Administrative Services Department. The purchasing and warehousing at OUHSD are service functions. We operate under the guidelines of the State of California Legal Codes and at the direction of our Governing Board. The students, teachers and other school personnel are the customers of our purchasing services.
The most important goals of the purchasing department are:
- To support the district’s operations with an uninterrupted flow of material, equipment and services purchased in accordance with legal codes, Board Policies and sound business practices.
- To buy wisely and competitively and to keep informed of current trends that affect price and availability.
- To furnish the maximum cooperation and service possible to all departments of the district
The Purchasing Department will provide dedicated support, listen to the needs of our customers and strive to improve timeliness in obtaining all goods and services through innovative practices and cost effective means, while exceeding customer expectations.
The OUHSD Purchasing Department will connect with Faculty, Staff and the Business Community and become the leaders among district purchasing offices and be acknowledged as a model of efficiency, expertise and support.
To Become a vendor…
To become a vendor for Oxnard Union High School District, please fill out the attached New Vendor Application Form and submit it to the Purchasing Department. Your information will be put on file and you will be contacted should we need a quote on your products or services.
If you are a contractor interested in doing business with Oxnard Union High School District, please fill out the CUPCCA Pre-Qualification Contractor Form. As a condition of bidding and in accordance with the provisions of section 22034 of the California Uniform Public Construction Cost Accounting Commission and Oxnard Union High School District Board Policy 3311, prospective bidders on projects with an estimated cost of $175,000.00 or less are required to submit to the District a completed pre-qualification questionnaire supplied by the District. The District is contracted with Colbi Technologies to provide a web-based process for pre-qualifications. To get started visit https://www.qualitybidders.com/users/sign_up
For detailed instructions in completing your application, please see the link below “CONTRACTOR CUPCCA REGISTRATION.”
ALL CONTRACTORS MUST BE REGISTERED WITH THE DEPARTMENT OF INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS (DIR) TO BID ON PUBLIC WORKS PROJECTS FOR OUHSD.
REGISTRATION CAN BE DONE USING THIS LINK: https://efiling.dir.ca.gov/PWCR/ActionServlet?action=displayPWCRegistrationForm
OUHSD REQUIRES THAT EACH CONTRACTOR SUBMIT THE DIR REGISTRATION VERIFICATION FORM TO OUHSD PRIOR TO CONTRACTING FOR ANY WORK WITH THE DISTRICT.
Terms and Conditions
By accepting a Purchase Order from Oxnard Union High School District, you adhere to the following terms and conditions:
- Itemized INVOICES must be sent in duplicate.
- Enclose PACKING LIST with ALL shipments.
- No deviation in PRICE or SUBSTITUTION in kind permitted.
- All deliveries F.O.B. destination unless otherwise specified. If freight is to be charged, prepay and add to invoice.
- The law requires MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEETS for products on this order. Please enclose with invoice.
- Purchase order number must appear on packing slip and invoice(s).
- Charges for the purchase in excess of 10% must be verified before delivery.
- This Purchase Orders is a contract. By accepting this Purchase Order, you accept all conditions stated herein.
- All materials or services furnished must be as specified and will be subject to inspection and approval after delivery. The right is reserved to reject and return at the risk and expense of the vendor, such portion or any shipment which may be defective, damaged or does not comply with the specifications requested. Express warranties aside, the vendor also warrants that all delivered articles are to be free of manufacturer defects. All goods or services must comply with relevant drawings, samples, or specifications and meet the highest professional standards.
- Goods provided by the vendor under this Purchasing Order shall be of good quality and within the description given by OUHSD, shall be fit for ordinary purposes, shall be adequately contained and packaged and shall conform to the affirmations of fact made by the vendor or on the container or label.
- The vendor shall have insurance that meets the OUHSD requirements should vendor be providing applicable goods and/or services that require such insurance. Insurance requirements are available by contacting the OUHSD Director of Purchasing. Standard general liability insurance requirements are $2 million per occurence, $4 million aggregate.
- Vendor shall indemnify and hold harmless OUHSD, its trustees, officers, agents and employees from and against any and all damages, claims, demands, suits, judgments, penalties, and costs and all liability imposed by law, for or on account of damage to property or death of or injury to any person or persons arising from the work, goods, services provided by vendor, its employees, agents or subcontractors pursuant to this Purchase Order or OUHSD Agreement.
- Except as set forth herein, neither the vendor nor OUHSD shall be liable to the other party for indirect or consequential damages, even if such party has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Such limitation as to indirect or consequential damages shall not apply to claims for infringement by vendor of US patent, copyright, trademarks or trade secrets; to claims for personal injury or damage to property caused by the vendor; to claims covered by other specific provisions calling for liquidated damages; to vendor’s indemnification obligations; or to court costs or attorneys fees awarded by a court in addition to damages after litigation based on this Purchase Order contract or OUHSD Agreement.
- This Purchase Order shall be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of California, excluding its choice law rules and, to the extent applicable, the copyright laws of the USA. In the event of a dispute hereunder, the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state courts of, and federal courts sitting in the State of California.
- OUHSD is not exempt from sales tax. Tax shall be included on the Purchase Order for goods and/or services that are taxable, regardless of the vendor’s tax status.
- OUHSD standard terms for payment shall be Net 30 days from the date of delivery or date of receipt of correct invoice, whichever is later.
- OUHSD prohibits discrimination against any member of its community on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, marital status, age, disability, citizenship, or veteran status. Harassment, whether verbal, physical, or visual, that is based on any of these characteristics is a form of discrimination. OUHSD also prohibits sexual harassment. Sexual harassment may include, but may not be limited to, unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and or other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature. This policy on discrimination, harassment, and sexual harassment applies to the conduct of vendors, contractors, subcontractors or any third parties.
- Vendor may not without OUHSD’s prior written consent, subcontract or assign any of the vendor’s rights or obligations under this Purchase Order contract. Vendor assumes responsibility for all contractual activities. Vendor is totally responsible for adherence by their subcontractors, should subcontractors be approved and used, to all provisions of the Purchase Order terms and conditions and the OUHSD Agreement.
- OUHSD may, by written notice stating the extent and effective date, terminate this Purchase Order contract for convenience at any time and without penalty to OUHSD. OUHSD shall pay seller as full compensation for performance up to the termination for convenience date. OUHSD may by written notice terminate this Purchase Order contract for seller’s default, at any time and without penalty to OUHSD, if seller refuses or fails to comply with the provisions of this Purchase Order contract and any other OUHSD Agreement.
- Should vendor be providing software for OUHSD, or storage, management and retrieval of pupil records and/or digital educational software through which contractor accesses, stores and uses pupil records, vendor accepts that all pupil records are and will continue to be the property of OUHSD and under the control of OUHSD. Vendor has a limited, nonexclusive license to such pupil records. Vendor may not and will not use any pupil record or information in a pupil record for any purpose other than those required or specifically stated in the Purchase Order contract. A separate Pupil Rider Agreement must be signed by any vendor providing software that accesses pupil information. Any information vendor will access must be stored and used only in accordance with commercial best practices including appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards to secure such data from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and use. Vendor shall contact OUHSD immediately upon becoming aware of an unauthorized disclosure of pupil records or other OUHSD records, or of circumstances that could have resulted in unauthorized access to or disclosure of said records. Vendor will not provide notice directly to any other parties.
- OUHSD does not accept contracts with auto-renewal clauses. Failure to remove this clause from a contract may result in the order being cancelled.
- Most Purchase Orders expire on June 30th of each fiscal year. Vendors should be aware that using an expired Purchase Order Number is not acceptable and invoices may not be paid without a valid Purchase Order Number.