Oxnard Union High School District is excited to support our enrolled students, faculty and staff by providing five full copies of the Office 365 2016 Suite and Office 2016 for mobile at no cost. Users are able to download this software for home use on a PC, Mac, iPad, and Android due to our partnership with Microsoft Corporation. You may have seen these software tools online costing hundreds of dollars to purchase for home use. But with Office 365, all Oxnard Union High School District enrolled students, faculty and staff have access to the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and 1 Terabyte of OneDrive cloud storage.
IDC performed a study to identify the skills and competencies highly valued by employers through 2020. They scanned 14.6 million job postings from April to September 2013 and identified the top 60 positions with the highest growth and salary potential. Proficiency with Microsoft Office was number 3 out of the 20 most common skills that are both important and widely required across positions. These are essential 21st century digital learning skills which will allow our students to be prepared for colleges and beyond.
OFFICE 365 INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:
Sign in to your account at www.outlook.com/ouhsd.us
- Select whether you are a Student or Employee.
- Enter your OUHSD Username.
- Students use your Student ID
- Faculty/Staff use your firstname.lastname
- Then enter the Password you use to sign in to school computers.
AFTER SIGNING IN
- You will see a similar screen displaying your email.
- Click on the Office 365 Logo on the top left corner of your screen.
Install Office on your Computer
Click the Install Office 2016 button and follow the instructional pop-up.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Office 365 Advantage Program?
Academic institutions that are Microsoft customers and license Office are eligible to offer Office 365 to their students, faculty and staff for home use at no additional cost.
Your FREE Office 365 ProPlus subscription includes:
- 5 installations of the full versions of Microsoft Office
- Office Online, the browser-based version of Office for coauthoring and collaboration
- 1 Terabyte of OneDrive cloud storage as their “digital locker”
- Various collaboration and communication tools between teachers and students
Why is Microsoft introducing these changes?
Microsoft is committed to the success of each student and educator. Microsoft believes this offer will help students thrive in their educational endeavors by providing Microsoft’s best productivity solution at no additional licensing cost.
You can access Office 365 services from your mobile phone or tablet. Supported devices include Windows Phone, iPhone and iPad, Android Phone, Nokia (Symbian OS), and BlackBerry® devices.
To set up your phone or tablet
- Use Office 365 on your Android Phone
- Use Office 365 on your BlackBerry® device
- Use Office 365 on your iPhone or iPad
- Use Office 365 on your Nokia (Symbian OS) phone
- Use Office 365 on your Windows PhoneFor general information about other phones and tablets, you can read these articles:
- Phone and tablet setup reference
When you graduate, your Office 365 subscription through your institution ends upon graduation. You may enroll into other consumer or commercial offers available. If you have Office 365 Education at your school, you should make sure to transfer all your files from your school OneDrive to your personal OneDrive prior to graduation.
Does Student Advantage replace the Office 365 University product or Office Home & Student?
No, Office 365 University will continue to be sold to enable students at colleges and universities that do not take advantage of, or qualify for, the free Student Advantage offer and likewise for the Office 365 Home Premium offer.