Here are some of the frequently asked questions in regard to the use of hotspots for our students and staff members.
If you are having any issues with your hotspot please feel free to submit a support ticket.
Hotspots are available in limited quantities at schools for student use. Your principal will send out a Parent Square when hotspots become available for pick up.
Unfortunately, OUHSD does not have hotspots available for staff use.
If staff are in need of a hotspot, please contact your carrier. We are aware Verizon is offering the addition of a free hotspot on your phone for limited time. If you have another carrier, please contact them and let them know you are an educator as there may be discounts or free resources for you.
We have allocated 800MB of data per day. It is important that students use the hotspot for educational purposes only. YouTube and Edpuzzle are open for students to use, however, because data is limited, please be cognizant of the data you use. You can check your data usage at Kajeet.com/status and enter the IMEI number located on the back of your device.
800 Light web pages – only text
270 medium web pages – Text and a few small images
120 Heavy web pages – Text + short video clips/animation + images
90 min low-quality (480p) video
30 min medium quality (720p) video
15 min High-quality (1080p) video
Hotspots are turned off at 11:00 PM and back on at 6:00 AM.
If you are unable to access Edpuzzle, you will need to clear your cache on your chromebook.
To do this:
- On your laptop, open Chrome.
- At the top-right, click More (3 dots) .
- Click More tools and then Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to ‘Cookies and other site data’ and ‘Cached images and files’, tick the boxes.
- Click Clear data.
Hotspots are for educational use only.
Streaming services such as Hulu, Disney +, Netflix, AppleTV are blocked.
Gaming and other non-educational websites are also blocked.
Social Media platforms such as Snapchat, Instagram and Twitter are also blocked
Please be aware that your online activities and your hotspot’s data usage are being monitored.
Please make sure to do the following if your Hotspot isn’t working:
- Check that you have data available at kajeet.com/status. If you have hit the daily 800MB daily limit, your hot spot will stop working for the day.
- Please make sure you are in an area where there is AT&T or Verizon cell service available as those are the carriers our hotspots work with. If you aren’t sure, you can Google “Who has the best cell phone coverage in my area” and a list will come up.
If your hotspot still isn’t working, please submit a ticket to our helpdesk and one of our team members will be able to assist you over the phone or via email, Monday-Friday from 10:00 AM-2:00 PM. To submit a ticket, please visit: www.oxnardunion.org/submit-ticket