Notice is hereby provided that the deadline for receipt of written proposals from private sector individuals or entities (“Private Sector”) for the sale, lease or exchange of certain Oxnard Union High School District (“OUHSD”) properties has been extended from 4:00 p.m. PT on March 13, 2019 to 4:00 p.m. PT on April 10, 2019.
- In December 2018, OUHSD published notices of its intent to sell, lease or exchange the following parcels of real property: 15 Stearman Street, Camarillo (APN 230-0-030-115, min. price $595,000); 280 Skyway Drive, Camarillo (APN 230-0-030-105, min. price $1,650,000); 330 Skyway Drive, Camarillo (APN 230-0-030-105, min. price $695,000); 4335 Mar Vista Drive, Camarillo (APN 156-0-180-385, min. price $1,795,000); 220 South K Street, Oxnard (APN 202-0-010-740, min. price $3,750,000); 309-315 South K Street, Oxnard (APN 202-0-010-630, min. price $1,795,000); 1101 West 2nd Street, Oxnard (APN 202-0-233-355, min. price $2,750,000); 527 Hueneme Road, Oxnard (APN 222-0-082-625, min. price $895,000); and 3400 West Gonzales Road, Oxnard (APN 183-0-030-180, min. price $2,250,000) (collectively, the “Properties”).
- As set forth in prior notices, the District’s Board of Trustees (the “Board”) passed and adopted Resolution No. 18-41, which declared the Properties to be “surplus property” and set forth the District’s intention to sell, lease or exchange the Properties to qualifying public agencies, and certain nonprofit charitable and public benefit corporations, interested charter schools (the “Public Sector”). The Board also adopted Resolution No. 18-42, which set forth the District’s intention to sell, lease or exchange the Properties to the Private Sector if the District did not timely receive any proposals from any Public Sector entity or was unable to finalize an agreement with any Public Sector entity after good faith negotiations.
- The Board originally established a deadline of 4:00 p.m. PT on March 13, 2019 for the receipt of written proposals for the sale, lease or exchange of the Properties, or any of the Properties, from interested Private Sector parties. However, the Board delegated authority to the Superintendent to extend this deadline as necessary and to provide notice of any extension to prospective bidders. In accordance with such authority, the proposal deadline has been extended to 4:00 p.m. PT on April 10, 2019. The Board shall open, examine, and review for completeness all proposals for the Properties at its regularly-scheduled meeting at 4:00 p.m. PT on April 10, 2019 (the “Meeting”). The Meeting will be held at the District’s office located at 309 South K Street, Oxnard, CA 93030. The Board shall accept the proposal of the highest conforming and responsible bidder, including any bid made orally at the Meeting or at an adjourned meeting, if directed by the Board, as required by Education Code Sections 17472, 17473, and 17475. NOTE: the District reserves the right to further extend the deadline to May 15, 2019 or any other date as needed for any or all of the Properties.
- The Request for Proposals and Statements of Qualifications package for the Properties (the “RFP”), including any addenda, is available at the District’s administrative offices and on the District’s website at https://www.oxnardunion.org/administrative-services/purchasing-warehousing/rfp/. The RFP includes the minimum prices set forth above, together with additional required terms of the disposition of the Properties and a description of any commission to be paid to a licensed real estate broker.
- For further information, please visit the District’s website at https://www.oxnardunion.org/administrative-services/purchasing-warehousing/rfp/ or contact the District at the following addresses:
Weinstein, Assistant Superintendent of Business Services
Oxnard Union High School District
309 South K Street
Oxnard, CA 93030
with a copy to:
Kirschenstein, District Consultant
Sage Realty Group, Inc.
2945 Townsgate Road, Suite 200
Westlake Village, CA 91361
The Board reserves the right to determine which, if any, of the offers, bids, or proposals it receives to accept, or to reject any or all such offers, bids, or proposals. (EDUCATION CODE SECTION 17476).
Publication Dates: 3/23/19, 3/30/19, and 4/6/19