Crisp Lettuce with Apples and Cheddar Salad Ingredients:
- 8 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 cups Fuji apple, medium diced
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Pinch of salt and pepper
Combine lettuce, apple, and 1/2 cup cheddar in a large bowl. Whisk together the lemon juice, garlic, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. In a slow steady stream, whisk the oil into the dressing mixture to emulsify. Add the dressing to the salad. Toss well. Sprinkle sunflower seeds and remaining 1/4 cup cheddar cheese on top of salad.
Serve and enjoy!
Yield: Ten 1-cup servings
Nutrition Facts: 109 Calories, 8.6 g Fat, 72 mg Sodium, 125 mg, Potassium, 5.3 g Carbohydrate, 1.1 g Fiber, 3.4 g Protein, Vitamin A 1% DV, Vitamin C 16% DV, Calcium 8% DV, Iron 8% DV
Make sure to follow us on Twitter!