The Oxnard Union High School District vision is one of high expectations and powerful futures for every student.
1. Prepare students for College, Career and Life readiness, ensuring that every student is challenged to successfully access rigorous curricula and 21st Century learning strategies that lead to tangible post-secondary outcomes, accomplished through:
- Strengthening the Linked Learning Framework
- Increasing A-G completion
- Providing targeted support for English Learners, students with disabilities, foster youth and low-income students
- Building on-going articulation with colleges, universities and our feeder school districts, including the development of a mathematics pathway to college-level placement.
2. Focus on teaching literacy in every classroom to support our English learners to increase language proficiency and reclassification.
3. Build teacher and administrator leadership capacity leading to trusting relationships and organizational health.
4. Implement procedures to address enrollment growth and overcrowding, including the selection and acquisition of property for a new High School in the Oxnard area and consideration of boundary changes.
5. Maintain facilities and infrastructure that support a safe school and a positive learning environment.
6. Enhance community outreach efforts, ensuring increased communication and articulation with all stakeholders.
7. Review and monitor the Special Education program’s budget and assess the efficacy of the delivery of services.