The Governing Board of the Oxnard Union High School District announces the position of Interim Superintendent to serve as soon as possible. Salary and benefits are negotiable.
Trustees will be conducting a search for a permanent Superintendent to assume this position as soon as possible in 2016, and no later than July 1, 2016.
Those interested in applying for the position of Interim Superintendent should submit a cover letter and current resume to Dr. Steve Hall, OUHSD Board President, at 309 South K Street, Oxnard, CA 93030 no later than Friday, October 23, 2015. Board members will hold interviews with qualified applicants on October 28, 2015.
Applicants should note the OUHSD Board Goals for 2015-16, listed below. Other priorities to be addressed by the Interim Superintendent will be discussed during the interview process.
OUHSD District Overarching Goals for 2015-2016
- Prepare students for College, Career, and Life readiness with a focus on rigorous 21st Century learning strategies through the implementation of State Standards, Linked Learning framework, and articulation with colleges and universities.
- Develop LCAP baseline data to specifically address targeted needs of English Learners, Students with Disabilities, Foster Youth and Low Income Students to close the achievement gap.
- Focus on teaching literacy in every classroom to support our English Learners and increase reclassification.
- Build teacher and administrative leadership capacity leading to trusting relationships and organizational health.
- Implement procedures to address enrollment growth and overcrowding, including the selection and acquisition of property (or properties) for a new Oxnard-area high school.
- Maintain facilities and infrastructure that support a safe school and a positive learning environment.
- Enhance communication and articulation with our local community colleges and university in the areas of Math, English and Science.
- Explore procedures and plans to review and monitor the Special Education program’s budget and assess the efficacy of the delivery of services.