During this unprecedented global pandemic, we are here to answer your questions and assist with your child’s health needs. If you need assistance with COVID testing or resources, immunization information, or have questions about medications or health procedures your child may need during the school day, please reach out to the School Nurse at your child’s school site.
Each school site in the OUHSD has a health office staffed with a full time School Nurse (RN) and a part time health clerk. The health office is open throughout the school day.
Please pre-screen your child before sending them to school each day.
Please do NOT send your child to school if she or he is experiencing any of these symptoms:
- Fever of 99.5 or higher
- Cough for any reason
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle aches or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea
Please visit the CDC website for more information on symptoms of COVID-19.
If your child becomes ill during the school day, they should tell their teacher that they’re not feeling well and ask to go to the health office.Your child will be directed to go to a separate area set up for ill students. They will be instructed to continue wearing a mask and the nurse or the health clerk will take your child’s temperature. You will be notified to pick up your child and they will wait in an isolation area until you can pick them up to transport home or to a healthcare facility.
Picking up your child from the health office: When picking up your child from school, please wear a mask and be prepared to show ID. When arriving at the school site, enter through the main office and alert receptionist that your child is in the health office to be picked up.
- If the parent or guardian cannot be reached, the nurse or health clerk may contact one of the emergency contacts listed on the emergency card. The person will need to show their ID upon arrival at the school.
- For severe emergencies, 911 will be called
- Your child will not be penalized for missing class.