Student Support Services
Director of Student Support Services
District McKinney-Vento, Foster, Title IX, and CIF compliance Liaison
The Student Support Services Department works with parents and students to provide programs in the district which result in the completion of a high school diploma, High School Equivalency Certificate via the HiSet. We provide support, oversight, and services in the following areas:
- Intra-District/Interdistrict Transfer Requests: Transfers for the 2024-2025 school year are due on 2/29/2024 by 4:00pm. Please complete the transfer application using our online form or stop by at the Student Support Services office for a hard copy
- Section 504
- Alternative programs Support and Placement
- Foster Youth and McKinney-Vento (homeless) services and supports
- Expulsions and Discipline
- Oversight and processing of expulsions
- Intra-District and Inter-District transfer requests
- Districtwide MTSS programs and oversight
- Support and oversight of districtwide teams: District Medical Team, ASB and Oxnard District Council, School Resource Officers, District Safety Team, PBIS cohort, Counselors, Mentor Counselors, and MTSS meetings
- CIF compliance
- Home and Hospital Teaching and Independent Study Short Term (short term independent studies)
- Legislative oversight and update in relation to district board policy and education codes
- Community-Based Organization oversight and support
- TUPE grant oversight and support
- Title IX
Need To Do An Inter Or Intra District Transfer?
Interdistrict Transfer– (To request a transfer outside of the district boundary) Applications for the 2023-2024 school year can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
If an application is for the current 23/24 school year needs to be completed, please note that.
Please ensure that the application is complete along with all required supporting documentation to prevent delays. Please note that all applications require a current transcript or report card, no exceptions.
Intra-District Transfer- 2023/2024 School Year
Thank you for your interest in submitting an intra-district transfer application for the 2023-2024 school year. The deadline to submit school transfer requests was on February 28, 2023. We have continued to do our best to serve our families and their needs, but in order to prepare for the beginning of the school year, we are unable to receive more requests at this time.
Students should plan to attend their school of residence. If you have an extenuating circumstance, please contact our Student Support Services team via e-mail at email@example.com
Intra-District Transfer- 2024/2025 School Year
Transfers for the 2024-2025 school year is now open and will close February 29, 2024.
Any application handed after the deadline will be collected and placed on a waiting list. Students should plan to enroll and attend their school of residence until you hear from student support services. Due to capacity study, families may not receive notice once again until school has started.