Daily Health Screenings for Students:
While a daily screening for symptoms should be completed each morning before coming to school, the following protocols will be implemented regarding screening for temperature upon arrival at the campus:
- All individuals should be screened at home before coming into the school for fever, cough, sore throat, difficulty breathing, loss of taste or smell, nausea/vomiting/diarrhea, fatigue/muscle or body aches, headache,, congestion/runny nose.
- All students will receive a thermal scan before entering the school
- Students with a temperature over > 99.5 degrees Fahrenheit will not be permitted to stay in school.
- Identified sick persons will be isolated immediately and sent home as soon as possible.
- Parents should not enter the facility unless arranged by an administrator. Students will be escorted outside the building and delivered to a verified custodial adult.
Student or Staff Displaying COVID-19 Symptoms on Campus
- When a student has displayed symptoms of COVID-19, the student will be moved to an isolation area, where the school nurse will provide a clinical assessment to determine if it is necessary to send the child home.
- Students who are ill should be picked up within 30 minutes and no later than 1 hour from the time the campus contacted the student’s parent/guardian.
- Staff members displaying COVID-19 symptoms will follow district protocols including isolation from students and other staff members.