To help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and reduce the potential risk of exposure to our employees and students, we will be requiring employees to complete a self-screening which includes a temperature reading and answering a set of questions related to COVID-19 symptoms including:
Have they recently begun experiencing any of the following in a way that is not normal for them?
- Feeling feverish or a measured temperature greater than or equal to 99.5 degrees Fahrenheit
- Loss of taste or smell
- Difficulty breathing
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- Fatigue, muscle or bodyaches
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- Congestion or runny nose
- Have they been in close contact with an individual who is lab-confirmed to have Covid-19?
Close Contact: This document refers to “close contact” with an individual who is lab-confirmed to have COVID-19. Close contact is determined by an appropriate public health agency. For clarity, close contact is defined as: a. being directly exposed to infectious secretions (e.g., being coughed on while not wearing a mask or face shield); or b. being within 6 feet of an infected person for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period (with or without a mask); if either occurred at any time in the last 14 days at the same time the infected individual was infectious. Individuals are presumed infectious at least two days prior to symptom onset or, in the case of asymptomatic individuals who are lab-confirmed with COVID-19, two days prior to the confirming lab test. Staff members who have a positive screening will be referred to the Covid Case Management Team, who will provide guidance on required protocols.
Student or Staff Displaying COVID-19 Symptoms on Campus
- When a student has displayed symptoms of COVID-19, the student will be moved to an isolation room, where the school nurse will provide a clinical assessment to determine if it is necessary to send the child home.
- Students who are ill should be picked up within 30 minutes and no later than 1 hour from the time the campus contacted the student’s parent/guardian.
- Staff members displaying COVID-19 symptoms will follow district protocols including isolation from students and other staff members.