The goal of Condor High School is to develop each student’s potential for the intellectual and emotional growth that will prepare him or her for success in college, career and life readiness.
Parent/Guardian Agreement: I want to see my student succeed; therefore, I will do the following:
- Make certain that assignments are completed.
- Make the necessary arrangements for transportation.
- Be responsible to see that the student is in attendance for his/her scheduled meeting time. o Provide an environment which supports achievement in both remote and in person learning.
- Attend any requested conferences at the school with my student
- Communicate any concerns that may interfere with a student’s performance in school.
Student Agreement: It is important that I work to the best of my ability; therefore, I will strive to do the following:
- Strive for perfect attendance at all scheduled appointments and complete all work as agreed upon.
- Provide the necessary evidence that I have completed all work assignments.
- Complete all assignments per subject each week.
- Follow all site and OUHSD policies and codes for dress, conduct and academic integrity. o Always demonstrate respect towards school staff and fellow students.
- I will ask for help when needed.
Teacher Agreement: It is important that students achieve; therefore, I will strive to do the following:
- Evaluate the work presented by the student under the terms of the Independent Study Agreement to determine the credit earned by the student. As per the regulations, at least 2 work samples for each subject taken by the student will be kept on file for 4 years. Each sample will include the teacher’s signature, date received, and the academic grade awarded. All homework will be checked for completion.
- Offer guidance and provide resources to the student as specified in each course contract or assignment.
- Re-evaluate the student’s placement in Independent Study at the end of each quarter.
- Provide regular opportunities for communication with family, when the student is successful, and when the student has problems with absence, homework or behavior.
- Participate in professional development opportunities to improve my practice and stay current with new research.
Principal Agreement: I want to see all students meet or exceed grade level standards and live successful lives; therefore, I will strive to do the following:
- Encourage all students to work hard, do their best, graduate from high school, and pursue post secondary opportunities.
- Promote an environment that recognizes student achievement and character development.
- Help students become responsible citizens of our school community and follow all school rules. o Participate in Professional Development opportunities to improve my practice and stay current with new research.